Thursday, March 2, 2017

hello march hello

Hello! Happy March! Had some ideas and things that I've been liking for the past month and wanted to share...

I've been re-reading one of my favorite books, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe. There's something about this novel that I don't ever grow tired of - it's ridiculous, dark, almost obnoxious at times, but even through the most nauseating encounters you can't help but wish you were there along for the ride. The scene where Wolfe describes the Prankster's introduction to The Beatles has to be one of the funniest, most horrifying pieces of literature I've ever read.



In terms of fashion...totally on board with the whole slip-on/loafers trend happening and I'm bound and determined to carry it into Spring. This is a big deal for me to get excited about a shoe style considering the majority of my shoes are boots and sneakers and neither of those are acceptable at my current desk job. So, woo! Progress! I want these(Gucci)loafers but not an actual purchase for me considering the cray price tag. Side-note: Is anyone else tired of the cut-out shoulder look? It seems to be making yet another comeback but I still can't get on board. The ruffle-y/prarie/blousey stuff though? I'm there. 





I've been getting into running lately, like 2-3 times a week (Weeeiiird). It honestly started after a two week slump of feeling depressed. I decided to force myself to give the whole "exercise make you happy" mantra a try, and I ran, a lot. It actually worked. It's amazing what a little cardio can do for your self esteem, and it's also a good excuse to listen to more music and make yourself a workout playlist. Try it guys. I'm thinking about trying Pilates soon, we'll see!


I've become more interested in vintage furniture and housewares since working part-time at a vintage store for a few months when I was in-between jobs. I'm learning that it's ok not to have the place of my dreams at this point in my life and it's ok not to have my interior style completely pinpointed either. I'm finding simple pleasure in collecting pieces slowly over time and not committing to anything I'm not 100% in love with. This apartment totally hits it on the nail for me. Great balance of the clean, all white look while still feeling warm and cozy. 








Looking forward to new albums like Future Islands (April 7th) and Alex G (May 19th)!!!



In other news I've been watching lots of Parks and Rec (probably to the point where it's a little unhealthy) and making homemade burritos. Also! About to dye my hair blonde after mulling it over for like 10+ years. 

ok bye!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment