Friday, January 30, 2015

wardrobe inspo

Do you ever look at your checking account and think, "Woah, where did my money go?!". Usually when this happens to me I'll do some investigating and realize that most of it went to smaller purchases that added up quickly: a cup of coffee (ok lots of coffee), groceries, that wine you got with your girlfriend after yoga class ...you get the picture. Recently I've been reevaluating my spending habits and giving myself some monetary boundaries. My biggest rule being: only spend the money you actually have. No credit card purchases for some shoes you can't really afford. My second rule is that I cannot buy clothing unless I need it (i.e: underwear/workout pants) or I know it will become a staple I will wear and keep in my closet for years. I did a complete purge of my closet and I realized I had no attachment to most of my clothes. It was either cheaply made and couldn't hold up through the years, or too trendy and no longer felt like it suited my personality. 

I've learned as I'm getting older that the classic pieces I once found boring are called classic for a reason. They are timeless pieces you can mix and match with anything, literally. I've collected some images via Pinterest that have inspired me to dress more streamlined with a little edge. 



If you have any tips for budgeting please share!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment